Mixing family emotions with legal actions can create a lot of conflicts. Trying to imagine your world after a divorce or a custody battle can be difficult, but it’s important to envision how positive your life can be beyond your current standpoint. Having a family law attorney to help you through divorce proceedings or other legal issues can make a tremendous difference.
Below, the experienced team at Youngblood Law, PLLC, discusses family law to help you learn about your options in Texas. Our definitive, decisive, and dedicated law firm aims to help protect people’s rights, properties, and assets by providing educational support and legal representation.
What Is Family Law?
Family law is a blanket term for all legal actions having to do with marriage, parenting, and other family matters. Texas law mandates various requirements surrounding marriages, divorces, parental rights, spousal support, and other family issues.
Typically, family lawyers can help represent any combination of the following cases:
- Divorce: Some couples may attempt to seek a collaborative divorce. Collaborative divorces allow you to negotiate and settle on property divisions and child custody without litigating in court. If either side does not agree, you will need to fight the case in court for a judge to rule based on evidence, such as acts of adultery.
- Child custody: Many parents choose to settle a child custody and visitation schedule outside of court, but sometimes it is necessary to appear in front of a judge. The judge will rule based on home environments, parental capabilities, domestic violence charges, and more. A family law attorney can help you build a compelling and successful custody case.
- Child support: If you need financial support for your child as a single parent, seek an attorney to help you negotiate the most desirable outcome for your child.
- Adoption: Adoption is a complicated and lengthy process that includes a lot of legal paperwork. An attorney can make certain that all of your documents are filled out and submitted correctly to ensure a smooth process.
- Domestic violence: Domestic violence cases often result in criminal charges, divorce, child custody battles, and protective orders. Do not take these legal processes lightly. Instead, seek legal help as soon as you are safe enough to do so.
- Protective orders: Protective orders can keep you safe from anyone who threatens your well-being, whether it be a physical attack or verbal abuse.
- Marital exit strategy: Planning and finalizing a divorce takes time and many legal steps. An attorney will walk you through the process to ensure that you waste no time.
At Youngblood Law, PLLC, we do not focus on just one practice area – we work with you on any process we think you need to achieve success moving forward.
What Are the Types of Family Law?
Texas family law consists of an array of different mandates. Some common rules include the following:
- Adoption laws include eligibility, consent age, and house requirements.
- Prohibited marriage laws cover who can or cannot receive an annulment.
- Abortion laws discuss fetus viability, time restrictions, and physician requirements.
- Protective order laws and restraining orders protect victims of domestic abuse or stalking.
- Child custody laws include the different visitation rights, parental rights, decisions, procedures, and rulings surrounding custody.
- Marriage requirement laws cover the age at which you may get married with or without parental consent.
A family lawyer can represent your legal rights if you need support within any of these practice areas, including divorce. Often, one of these legal complications may generate more issues that require the assistance of a family law attorney. For example, a divorce typically includes dividing property, managing assets, and determining child custody.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring Family Lawyers?
An experienced attorney can meet with you to discuss all of the details of your case. They will use their knowledge of family law to create a personalized strategy on how you should proceed. With this professional advice, you can avoid unnecessary wasted time and ensure that you’re on the path to successfully reaching your desired goals.
When Should I Start Looking for Family Law Attorneys Near Me?
You should immediately look for a family law attorney when you begin considering a divorce, custody change, adoption, protective order, or any other family law order. The sooner you find legal representation, the sooner you can move on.
If you’re already involved in a family legal process, seek legal support as soon as possible.
Youngblood Law, PLLC: Definitive, Decisive, Dedicated
At Youngblood Law, PLLC, we offer customized services for all of our clients, whether that means negotiating settlements outside of court or advocating forcefully in front of a judge. As we develop an individual plan tailored for your specific legal needs, we also work hard to protect you from unnecessary conflict.
To speak to a knowledgeable, strategic family law attorney, call us today at (817) 601-5345, or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation. We have two offices in Fort Worth and serve clients throughout Texas.
Copyright © 2022. Youngblood Law, PLLC. All rights reserved.
The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author or the law firm, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting based on any information included in or accessible through this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country, or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.